03. - 05.07.2019
A complete update on wine trends of Spain's major wine regions.
Organisator: Frank Smulders MW
Kosten: € 945
From July 3rd – 5th Frank Smulders MW will be organizing a three day educational event in San Sadurni, close to Barcelona.
It is called ‘The Spanish Wine Forum’ and consists of masterclasses of different top producers.
Just a summary of what to expect:
- Visit and tasting of the Corpinnat producers, the 9 top Cava producers that recently left the DO but represent the best Spain has to offer in sparkling wines
- Masterclass by Juan Carlos Lopez de Lacalle of Artadi, one of Rioja’s and Spain’s best producers, who left the DOCa Rioja two years ago
- Masterclass by Joaquin Gomez about the different wines coming from Jerez, DO Sherry or not
- Masterclass by Alvaro Perez of Abadia Retuerta, top estate outside DO Ribera del Duero but about to become DO Vino de Pago
- Vertical tasting of La Rioja Alta Reserva and Gran Reserva wines by Julio Saenz, winemaker
- Masterclass about Sierra de Gredos or DO Cebreros, the rediscovered mountain Garnacha’s, speaker tbc
- Masterclass by Ismael Gozalo about Rueda, Verdejo and his unique interpretation of the wines
- Dinner and tasting with DO Terra Alta producers in Michelin starred XERTA restaurant in Barcelona
Finally, there are still a few places left for the VIP program on Tuesday with visits of 3 top estates in the Penedès and dinner in three star Michelin starred LASARTE.
You can find detailed information (regarding your registration and hotel options)on the website